Please start by creating an account on our international portal www.iaeste.net – as soon as it has been approved by us you will get access to all our available internships – and to apply for those suitable for you! Internships are updated daily, all year round, though usually the widest selection is found February – May each year.
- Global offers: Open for students worldwide, all year round. Individual deadlines. It is only possible to have one active nomination at a time. The exception is if the employer response is delayed for more than 4 weeks after the deadline, then one can apply for a second option. Usually, there are several candidates applying and it is up to the employer to pursue the selection process.
- FCFS Offers: First come, first served. Open for students worldwide, the first applicant also fulfilling employer requirements will be nominated and considered right away.
1. Create an account
Go to www.iaeste.net – after you have created an account and it has been approved by us you will be able to start browsing and applying for internships. Make sure to fill out all details. IAESTE Sweden does not charge any registration or application fees.
When you have found an internship you would like to apply for – and checked that you fulfil all employer requirements – you click “create application” through your account on www.iaeste.net
If IAESTE accepts that you fulfil the requirements and open up for a nomination, you will be able to proceed with uploading your application documents:
- “Student nominated form” – to be printed after filling out the details connected to the placement in iaeste.net – including preferred dates
- Motivational letter in English, directed to the employer and focusing on the work tasks for this particular offer.
- CV (in English)
- University transcripts, complete, in English
- Proof of Enrolment in a Swedish university
- Passport copy
- Letter of recommendation. In English. Optional, but may be an asset.
- In some cases, an English test like IELTS or TOEFL is required, or a letter from a teacher that you are proficient in English may often also do.
- Other documents – in some cases additional documentation are required, please check the specific offer info on iaeste.net
3. Nomination and selection process
One or more students are usually nominated by IAESTE to the employer, as long as the requirements are fulfilled. Often, employers will set up online interviews before taking their decision. The employer decides who will be accepted for the internship.
4. Time to go for an internship!
When an employer has accepted you for an internship, IAESTE is there supporting you with insurance, work permit, visa and finding housing in your destination. The travel tickets are to be booked by yourself.